Zucchini lemon loaf- https://hip2save.com/2018/08/17/this-lemon-zucchini-loaf-is-light-luscious-and-lovely/
Summer Squash Gratin-https://smittenkitchen.com/2014/07/summer-squash-gratin-with-salsa-verde/
Easy zucchini roll ups- https://tipbuzz.com/zucchini-lasagna-rolls/
Zucchini Cake- last but not least, I can't not mention my mom's zucchini cake. It's so good my sister even wrote a blog post on it a few years ago.
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Prep Time : 20 min
Muffins served in: 40 minutes
Yield: one 9 by 13, or 2 dozen muffins
Cake served in an hour
½ cup butter
2 ½ cups flour
1 ¼ cup sugar (original recipe – 1 ¾)
4 Tbsp. Cocoa powder
1 tsp. Baking soda
½ cup buttermilk (or milk plus 1 tsp lemon juice)
½ tsp. Baking powder
¼ cup veg. Oil (original is ½ cup)
½ tsp. Cinnamon
¼ cup apple sauce (omit if making original recipe)
½ tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 – 1 ½ cups chocolate chips (I’m just guessing – I just sprinkle it on top of the cake, or in the mix till it looks right!)
2 cups grated zucchini – peel first if you are opposed to green flecks (which I love!)
· Spray 9 by 13 pan (or muffin tins) with non-stick spray, if needed.
· Preheat oven to 325° F
· Blend butter and sugar
· Add eggs, milk, oil, apple sauce, vanilla, and mix well.
· Add zucchini and mix.
· In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients except chocolate chips. (This is very important to do separately when making a reduced fat recipe. You really need to be careful not to over-mix once you add the wet to the dry, to ensure a light and fluffy muffin – especially when the fat is reduced!)
· Add dry ingredients to wet, and mix until just combined. I believed I “pulsed” the mixer 6-7 times. You can also mix by hand, and that works out very well too.
· If making muffins – add chocolate chips now and barely mix them in J Scoop into muffin tins and bake for Approx 20 mins, until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
· If making cake – Pour into prepared 9 by 13 pan and sprinkle chocolate chips. Bake for approx 40 minutes, until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
I have found zucchini taste amazing covered in cheese or mixed with chocolate chips, it's basically the best vessel to eat the good stuff. If you have a great recipe you want to share with people feel free to leave a link in the comments below. Thanks for reading all the way through, I myself am more than happy to not have to second guess the spelling of zucchini one more time today.